As a developer, sometimes you might face this issue that you have modified a part of a website but the changes are not reflecting on the live! Or, the client is complaining that you didnt do any change! This happens due to the browser cache. To bypass the cache so that the whole page is reloaded follow this instructions:
Internet Explorer & Firefox:
- Hold the Ctrl key, and press F5. (Ctrl + F5 )
- or: Hold the Ctrl key, and right click on page and the press the Refresh(Internet Explorer)/Reload(Firefox) button .
- To clear the cache completely:
- Go to the Tools menu (the wrench on the upper right of the browser) and click on Clear browsing data
- Select the types of data you want to clear
- On the Clear data from this period: drop-down list, select one of the following:
- Everything to clear all the data you selected;
- Last day to clear the data only from the last day;
- Last week to clear the data only from the last week; or
- Last 4 weeks to clear the data only from the last 4 weeks.
- for version 4 and newer:
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload toolbar button.
- for version 3 and older:
- Hold down the Command key, and press R. This kind of regular reload will usually bypass the cache.
On a Mac, use the Command key instead of Ctrl.