Few months ago my hard drive crashed with all my collected resources, ebooks and also with all my developed codes and scripts. It was like a thunderbolt on my head as I didn’t have any recent backup. Then I started to looking around and found a very handy service which supports online file backup. I would like to share few features of DropBox. Dropbox is a free service that lets you access all your photos, docs, and videos from anywhere. This means that any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, phones and even the Dropbox website. At Dropbox it is super easy to share with others, whether you’re a student or professional, parent or grandparent. Even if you accidentally spill a latte on your laptop, have no fear! You can relax knowing that Dropbox always has you covered, and none of your stuff will ever be lost.
ANY FILE YOU SAVE TO DROPBOX ALSO INSTANTLY SAVES TO YOUR COMPUTERS, PHONES, AND THE DROPBOX WEBSITE.
- 2GB of Dropbox for free, with subscriptions up to 100GB available.
- Your files are always available from the secure Dropbox website.
- Dropbox works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
- Works even when offline. You always have your files, whether or not you have a connection.
- Dropbox transfers just the parts of a file that change (not the whole thing).
- Manually set bandwidth limits — Dropbox won’t hog your connection.
SHARED FOLDERS ALLOW PEOPLE TO WORK TOGETHER ON THE SAME PROJECTS AND DOCUMENTS.
- Invite friends, family or teammates to a folder. It’ll be as if you saved the folder to their computers.
- See other people’s changes instantly.
- Create photo galleries viewable by anyone you choose.
- Send a link to any file in your Dropbox using your Public folder
APPS FOR IPHONE, IPAD, ANDROID, AND BLACKBERRY KEEP YOUR DROPBOX AT HAND, EVEN ON THE GO.
- Bring your files with you when you’re on the go.
- Edit files in your Dropbox from your phone.
- Easily upload your photos and videos to Dropbox.
- Share freely with family and friends.
YOUR STUFF IS SAFE:-
DROPBOX PROTECTS YOUR FILES WITHOUT YOU NEEDING TO THINK ABOUT IT.
- Dropbox keeps a one-month history of your work.
- Any changes can be undone, and files can be undeleted.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and AES-256 bit encryption.
So, I hope as a developer like me, you will enjoy their services…